- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 cup prepared pesto (Optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pa
- In a large skillet heat oil. Season chicken with oregano, salt, and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and almost cooked through in the middle. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Pour in white wine and scrape up the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Add butter and stir until melted, then stir in garlic and lemon juice.
- Return chicken to skillet and top each breast with mozzarella. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Top with tomatoes and pesto (if using) and sprinkle with Parmesan, if using.