1 lb. very small red potatoes scrubbed
2 ears fresh corn (or 1 can whole kernel corn)
1 ripe avocado, diced
2 scallions (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan cover potatoes with lightly salted water. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Cut each potato in half, transfer to a medium bowl and refrigerate to cool
- If using fresh corn, cook it in the grill with the lid closed as much as possible, until the kernels are brown. Turn often. Cut kernels from cobs
- Add corn to bowl with potatoes along with avocados, scallions, and cilantro
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, and garlic. Gradually whisk in the oil. Pour over the potato mixture and toss to combine
- Season with salt and pepper
- Refrigerate until it is time to serve
Serve with Grilled Skirt Steak.
14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and more for the pan
6 pounds yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 tablespoons finely chopped chives
2/3 cup bread crumbs
2/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Lightly grease a 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan
- In a large pot, bring the potatoes, 4 quarts water and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil. Boil potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with 10 tablespoons butter, sour cream, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mash in the chives. Taste and adjust seasoning. Spread potatoes into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons butter, bread crumbs and cheese. Mix until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the potato casserole and bake until golden (30 to 40 minutes).