- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 8 tbsp. milk
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- 3 oz. prosciutto
- 4 oz. boiled potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 oz. parmigiano cheese, grated
- Pepper to taste. There is no need to add salt.
Preheat oven to 375. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mozzarella, prosciutto, parmigiano and pepper. Pour mixture into hot skillet and place in the oven.
Bake for approximately 12 minutes (until a knife inserted comes out clean). Broil for 2 additional minutes.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted butter
- Paprika and pepper to taste
8 slices smoked salmon
4 English muffins, split
- To Make Hollandaise: Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top pan. Bring water to a gentle simmer. In the top of the double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time while whisking yolks constantly. If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated. Whisk in lime juice and vinegar, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
- To Poach Eggs: Fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a gentle simmer, then add vinegar. Carefully break eggs into simmering water, and allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Yolks should still be soft in center. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on a warm plate.
- While eggs are poaching, toast the English muffins and once they are toasted, top each one with a slice of salmon and one poached egg.
- Place 2 muffins on each plate and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately.
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1/2 lb)
1- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2- Coat a 9-inch pie play with cooking spray and set aside
3- Whisk eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in asparagus and pour into prepared plate.
4- Bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 4 large servings.
NOTE: You may want to use canned asparagus instead of fresh asparagus if you prefer a softer consistency.