- 1/3 large onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for the pan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 bay leave
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
In a food processor, puree onion, carrots, and garlic into a coarse paste (add a little water if necessary). In a large pan over medium heat, coat pan with oil. Add the pureed veggies and season with salt. Bring the pan to a medium-high heat and cook until all the water has evaporated.
Add ground beef and season again with salt. Brown the beef. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the tomato paste and cook until brown about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the red wine. Cook until the wine has reduced by half, another 4 to 5 minutes.
Add water to the pan until the water is about 1 inch above the meat. Toss in the bay leave and the thyme and stir to combine everything. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. As the water evaporates, gradually add more, about 2 to 3 cups at a time. Stir frequently. Season with salt, if needed. Simmer for approx. 2 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat to cook the spaghetti.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes (or 2 large fresh tomatoes)
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 15-oz container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 Tbsp parsley
- 3/4 Tbsp basil
- 3/4 Tbsp oregano
In a dutch oven, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until beef is browned; drain fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and 3/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and let it cook for 30 minutes. Uncover it and cook 15 more minutes.
Cook noodles according to package directions.
In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, egg, 1/4 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, milk, parsley, basil, oregano, and 1/4 tsp salt. Combine well and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle bottom of a baking dish with olive oil. Arrange 3 noodles in a single layer. Spread with 1/4 of the filling. Top of 1/4 of the sauce and 1/4 of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmigianio-Reggiano.
Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Prep Time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes. 4 Servings.
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) uncooked spaguetti
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta or bacon (diced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook spaguetti until al dente
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the pancetta for 3 to 4 minutes (until browned)
- In a bow whick together cream, egg yolks, parmesan, salt and pepper
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan. Stir in the egg and cheese mixture until well combined. Add the pancetta, toss with the sauce and heat through gently. If necessary to thin the sauce, add more cream
- Serve with fresh parmesan
I found this recipe yesterday at
I tried it last night and found it to be extremelly delicious and easy to make.
1 pound dry angel hair or vermicelli pasta
2 pounds fresh bay or diver scallops (Make sure the little foot muscle has been removed as they are tough. The fishmonger will do this for you.)
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup capers, drained
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons butter
handful fresh parsley, leaves chopped
• Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
• When the pot of water comes to a boil, add 1 teaspoon salt and the pasta. Set the timer for the appropriate number of minutes according to the package directions. When the pasta is done, drain well in a colander.
• Rinse the scallops under cold running water and pat dry thoroughly with a paper towel. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
• Place 2 tablespoons flour on a plate or shallow dish. Lightly dip the top and bottom of each scallop in the flour, shaking off any excess.
• Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering hot, place the scallops into the skillet a single layer. Let them sear on one side without trying to move them for 2 – 3 minutes until a brown crust has developed. Turn each scallop over and let sear on the other side for 2 – 3 minutes until it browns on that side as well. Remove the scallops from the skillet and set aside.
• Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
• Add the dry white wine, capers, lemon zest and lemon juice. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan (these add flavor!). Boil until the sauce is reduced, about 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and chopped parsley.
• Add the cooked, drained pasta to the sauce in the skillet and toss well with tongs to coat the pasta.
• Return the seared scallops to skillet by placing them on top of the pasta. Place the lid on the skillet and heat through for 1 – 2 minutes.
Pair with Roasted Asparagus and glasses of white wine for an easy, delicious meal.
This is one of my favorite recipes for a quick and delicious meal. It takes less than 5 minutes to gather the ingredients and it's ready in 10 to 15 minutes. Add a glass of white wine and it becomes a perfect meal. Yes…. in 15 minutes!
QUICK AND DELICIOUS PASTA FOR TWO
6 slices of bacon
1 small can of mushrooms
¼ cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 tbsp flour
1.5 cups of milk (or enough to cover all ingredients in the sauce).
Select type of pasta and cook in water, 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt until al dente. (I usually make it with spaghetti)
Cut bacon in small squares. Set in a pan on the stove for a couple of minutes. Add onions and garlic and mix well. Leave for a few minutes until the onions become transparent. Add flour. Mix well. Add milk, mushrooms, oregano and salt. Wait for the sauce to thicken (3 to 5 minutes).
Serve pasta with sauce, and parmesan cheese if desired.