1 lb. very small red potatoes scrubbed
2 ears fresh corn (or 1 can whole kernel corn)
1 ripe avocado, diced
2 scallions (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan cover potatoes with lightly salted water. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Cut each potato in half, transfer to a medium bowl and refrigerate to cool
- If using fresh corn, cook it in the grill with the lid closed as much as possible, until the kernels are brown. Turn often. Cut kernels from cobs
- Add corn to bowl with potatoes along with avocados, scallions, and cilantro
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, and garlic. Gradually whisk in the oil. Pour over the potato mixture and toss to combine
- Season with salt and pepper
- Refrigerate until it is time to serve
Serve with Grilled Skirt Steak.
You must be logged in to post a comment.