This is a slight variation of a recipe by Antoni Porowski published on Oprah’s Magazine.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, plus 3 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro stems
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (1 large lime)
- 6 dates pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp roasted salted chopped almonds
- Arrange rack in middle of oven and preheat to 425 degrees.
- Remove green leaves from cauliflower and discard stem. Cut cauliflower lengthwise into thin slices (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, turmeric, and salt.
- Arrange cauliflower steaks and pieces on a baking sheet, drizzle with the oil mixture, and turn it gently to coat. Roast until golden but not mushy. 25 to 30 minutes
- To make the dressing whisk together cilantro stems, honey, remaining olive oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt
- Arrange roasted cauliflower on a platter and drizzle with dressing. Top with dates, cilantro leaves and almonds.
- Serve hot
You must be logged in to post a comment.