- 1 ¼ pound salmon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon juice and minced garlic, allow the lemon juice to reduce to 1 tablespoon. Add in 1 tablespoon of butter, remove pan from heat and swirl so the butter starts to melt. Place back on the heat for a few seconds, remove and continue to swirl until butter completely melts. Repeat with second tablespoon of butter. When butter is completely melted, remove sauce from stove.
- Place the salmon filet in a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal. Brush the salmon with the garlic butter sauce. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cover with foil so that all sides are properly closed so the sauce does not leak.
- Bake the salmon for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Open the foil and allow the fish to broil under the broiler for about 4 minutes, keeping an eye on it so the fish does not burn. Remove from oven and serve immediately.