- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons boiling water
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Additional dried lavender flowers, optional
- Grease a pan and sprinkle with sugar; set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar, almonds and 1 tablespoon lavender in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy; beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and half-and-half.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine water and remaining lavender. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding lavender. In another small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and enough infused water to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake.
- Garnish with additional lavender if desired.
Original Recipe posted at: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/almond-lavender-cake/
You must be logged in to post a comment.