Salmon + Marinade
- 4 salmon fillets — (6 ounces each)
- Pineapple juice from 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Pepper to taste
- Pineapple tidbits from the can used before
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Optional: a small piece of onion
Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish
In a bowl, stir the pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper. Pour over fish, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- In a blender or food processor, mix and blend lime juice, onion and cilantro for a couple of seconds (don’t turn it into liquid)
Prepare the salsa: Combine the pineapple tidbits, and avocado. Pour lime juice mix over them and toss
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the salmon from the marinade, shake of any excess, and place it flat-side down on the baking sheet.
Transfer the marinade to a saucepan. Simmer over medium high, stirring often, until the marinade is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Brush liberally all over the top of the salmon.
Bake the salmon for 5 minutes, brush again, then bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve topped with pineapple salsa.
You must be logged in to post a comment.